Join a video meeting
You can join a meeting from a Calendar event, click or tap the meeting link, enter the meeting code, or dial in from a phone.
Note: If you're not signed in to your G Suite account or joining another organization’s meeting, a participant might need to approve your request to join.
- In Calendar, click the event you want to join.
- Click Join Hangouts Meet.
- Click Join Meeting.
If your G Suite administrator allows it, you can also join from a Microsoft® Outlook® calendar event. For details, see Set up interoperability.
- In a web browser, go to meet.google.com.
- Select the meeting from your list of scheduled events.
- Click Join meeting.
Note: Participants who join after the fifth are automatically muted.
A meeting participant can send you the joining information for the video meeting in a text or email.
To join a video meeting using the link:
- In the message, click the meeting link.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to join.
Every Meet video meeting has a unique code that you can use to join from a web browser or Google meeting room hardware device.
The meeting code is a series of characters, such as abc-defg-hjk. You can get the meeting code from the joining information that was sent to you.
- Open the Hangouts Meet app tap Meeting code.
- Enter the meeting code.
Note: The hyphens in the meeting code are optional.
- (Optional) Depending on whether you're joining from a different organization or signed in to a G Suite account, choose an option:
- Select Join.
- Enter your name and tap Ask to Join.
A phone number is added to video meetings only if administrators turn on the dial-in feature.
You can call in to a meeting using a phone number included with Hangouts Meet events. If you're in the organizer's corporate directory, your name is shown in the meeting. Otherwise, only your partial phone number is displayed.
Anyone can join using the number, even if they’re in a different organization or have a different G Suite edition. Dial-in participants count toward the maximum meeting limit.
Join a meeting using a phone number
- Open the Calendar event or meeting invitation.
- On your phone, dial the phone number.
- Enter the PIN and press #.
All G Suite editions include a U.S. phone number. G Suite Basic, Business, Enterprise, and Enterprise for Education editions also support international numbers. Regular call charges apply.
Mute or unmute your phone
You're muted if another meeting participant mutes you or if you:
- Press *6
- Have your phone's volume at the lowest level
- Join after the 10th participant