Change screen layouts in a meeting
Meet automatically switches between layouts depending on the state of your meeting. You can switch to a different layout as needed.
The layout options are:
- Auto: Allow Meet to choose the layout for you.
- Tiled: The default layout when there is no presentation, this layout shows up to four video feeds in equal size. Only available when no one is presenting.
- Side by side: Presentation with up to three speakers shown alongside it. Available when there is someone presenting.
- Spotlight: Full screen layout with either the presentation, active speaker, or pinned feed in a full screen format. This layout is also automatically used for presentations when there is no participant with video speaking.
- Sidebar: Single primary video feed or presentation with multiple additional video feeds at the side.
In the lower-right corner of the Meet screen, click More Change layout.
In the Change layout box, select the layout you want to use.