This feature is available with the G Suite Enterprise, G Suite Enterprise Essentials, and G Suite Enterprise for Education editions. For details, see Compare G Suite editions.
Watch how to record a meeting in Google Meet..
You can record video meetings for other people to watch later.
To record a meeting, a G Suite administrator must turn on recording for your account.
You can record if:
- You’re the meeting organizer
- You’re in the same organization as the organizer
- You’re a teacher signed in to your G Suite account, but not a student
Recordings include the active speaker and anything that’s presented. Recordings are saved to the organizer’s Meet Recordings folder in My Drive. An email with the recording link is sent to the meeting organizer and the person who started the recording. The link is added to the Calendar event.
Other windows or notifications are not included. Pinning a participant won’t affect who is shown in the recording.
These people get notified when a recording starts or stops, but can’t control the recording:
- People outside of your organization
- Mobile app users
- People who dial in using a phone
If a participant turns on live captions during recording, the captions won't be recorded and don't open when you play the recording.
Recording meetings is useful when you want to review the meeting later, or share it with people who couldn’t attend. For example:
- Team presentations available on-demand for students and new employees
- Conference presentations that you want to share with people later
- Virtual training sessions that people can replay on-demand
Important: Recording is only available with the computer version of Meet. Mobile app users are notified when the recording starts or stops, but cannot control recording.
You can’t record if you join the meeting only to present, such as from a laptop while already in a video conference room. Join the video meeting first, start your presentation, and then record.
- Open Meet Start or Join a meeting.
- Click More Record meeting.
- If you have trouble, go to I can’t find the recording button.
- Wait for the recording to start.
Other participants are notified when the recording starts or stops.
- When you finish, click More Stop recording.
- The recording also stops when everyone leaves the meeting.
- Click Stop recording again to verify.
- Wait for the recording file to be generated and saved to the meeting organizer’s My Drive > Meet Recordings folder.
- An email with the recording link is sent to the meeting organizer, and the person who started the recording.
Recordings save to the meeting organizer’s My Drive > Meet Recordings folder. However, if the organizer changes or if the meeting occurs outside of the scheduled Calendar time, the recording link is sent to the original event creator.
To share a recording:
- Select the file Share .
- Or, click Link paste the link in an email or chat message.
For best results, download the recording and then play it from your computer:
- Select the file and click More Download .
- Double-click the downloaded file to play it.
- In Drive, double-click the recording to play it. “Still processing” appears until the file is ready for online viewing.
To add a recording to My Drive, select the file and click Add to My Drive .
An email with the recording link is sent to the meeting organizer and the person who started the recording.
- In the email, click the link and wait for the recording to open.
- Select an option:
- To play the recording, click Play .
- To share the recording, click More Share. Enter usernames or email addresses and click Done.
Tip: You can also copy and share a link.
To download the file, click Download.
To add the recording to the current folder, click Add to My Drive .
If the recording starts at the scheduled meeting time, the recording links to the Google Calendar event. Meeting participants in the same organizational unit as the meeting organizer are automatically granted access to the recording. This only applies to meetings created via a Google Calendar.