You can present your entire screen or a specific window in a meeting. While you present, you can share information such as documents, presentations, spreadsheets, and more.
Tip for Google Workspace Users: Learn tips for great presentations and Learn how to hold large remote events for up to 250 people.
Present during a meeting
- Join a Meet video call.
- At the bottom, click Present now .
- Select Your entire screen, A window, or A tab.
- If you present a Chrome tab, it shares that tab's audio by default.
- To present a different tab, select the tab you want to present, click Share this tab instead.
- Click Share.
- Optional: To unpin your presentation and view it as a tile, click Unpin . You can now see more participants while you present.
- If your camera is turned on, your video is active while you're presenting.
- For better presentations and to prevent mirroring, share a new window or a specific tab instead of the meeting window.
- To share your audio, you must select Share a Chrome tab or Share this tab.
- In the Meet window, click Stop Presenting.
- At the bottom right, click You are presenting Stop presenting.
Present if someone else is already presenting
- At the bottom, click Present now.
- Select Your entire screen, A window, or Chrome Tab.
- Select Present instead.
Tip: If you start to present during someone else's presentation, their presentation will pause.
Important: You must use a computer and a Chrome browser to present directly to Google Meet from Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
You can present directly to Google Meet from Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides. This can make it easier to present a document, sheet, or slides to a meeting you are attending. Before you present, join the meeting to know if it is being recorded.
Tip: If you present from Slides, you can click Present to show your presentation in full screen mode.
Join only to present
When you join to present, only your computer's window or application is displayed in the meeting. No audio or other video is sent or received.
- Go to https://meet.google.com/.
- Select the scheduled meeting, or click Join or start a Meeting.
- Enter a meeting code.
- Click Present.
- Select a window or application.
- Select Share.
Important: Host Management must be turned on to use Present lock.
Meeting hosts can stop participants from sharing their screen. If you turn presentations off in recurring meetings or meetings that use the same meeting code, the setting will be saved for the next scheduled meeting. If you turn presentations off in a one-time, nicknamed, or instant meeting, the presentation setting will turn on after the meeting ends.
To turn screen share on or off:
- Join a Meet video call.
- At the bottom right, click Host controls .
- Turn Share their screen on or off.
Tip: If you can't turn the setting on or off, you might need to turn off a Chrome extension for Meet. Learn how to install and manage extensions.