On this page
Start or schedule a video meeting
Start a meeting from Meet
- Go to Google Meet.
- Click New Meeting.
- Select an option:
- Create a meeting for later:
- To share the meeting details for a future meeting, copy the meeting link and share with participants.
- To directly start the meeting with this link, paste the link into a browser; or enter the link into the “Enter a code or link” field click Join.
- Start an instant meeting: Create a new meeting and join the meeting directly.
- Schedule in Google Calendar: To schedule a meeting, you’re directed to Google Calendar.
- Create a meeting for later:
Tip: Google Workspace Essentials users can't schedule a meeting in Google Calendar.
Schedule a meeting from Google Calendar
When you create an event on Google Calendar, you can add a video meeting link.
- Google Workspace users: You can also add a dial-in number to the Calendar event.
- Google Workspace Essentials users: You can't schedule a meeting in Google Calendar.
Important: Guests can forward the meeting link to other people. If an uninvited person tries to join , a meeting participant from your organization must accept their request. For meetings organized by a personal Google Account, only the meeting creator can admit these participants.
- In Calendar, create an event.
- Click Add guests.
- Enter the names or email of the people you want to invite.
- Click Save.
- To notify guests, click Send.
You can also start or join a meeting from Gmail. Learn more at the Google Meet Help Center
Join a video meeting
Join from a Google Calendar event
- In Google Calendar, click the event you want to join.
- Click Join with Google Meet.
- In the window that opens, click Join Now.
Join with a meeting link URL
Sometimes there isn’t enough time to schedule a meeting and book a room. With Meet, you can join an impromptu video meeting by clicking the meeting link URL sent to you in a text or email.
- Click the meeting link sent to you in a chat message or email.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to join the meeting.
Other ways to join meetings
You can also join a meeting from Gmail, from your phone, using a third-party video conferencing system, and in many other ways.
Learn more at the Google Meet Help Center
Join a video meeting from Classroom
If your teacher turns on Meet for Classroom, you can join a video meeting for your class. You can join a class video meeting after the teacher starts the meeting.
Join the meeting
To use Meet from Classroom as shown here, sign in to Classroom with a school account. Your account looks like email@example.com.
Go to classroom.google.com and click Sign In.
Sign in with your Google Account. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Learn more.
Click the class.
Choose an option:
On the Stream page, at the top, click the Meet link.
On the Classwork page, at the top, click Meet .;
On an announcement or post, click the link for the class video meeting.
- (Optional) To allow Meet to use your camera and microphone, click Allow.
- In Meet, at the top, make sure you’re signed in with your school account. To switch accounts, click Switch account select the Classroom account.
- To join the class video meeting, click Join now.
If you have an Education edition account and your school type is Primary/Secondary education (K-12), you will not be allowed to join Google Meet video calls created by personal Google Accounts.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.