Some people need to request permission before they can join the video meeting. For details, go to Join a video meeting.
- Add people to a video meeting in progress
- Add people to a video meeting by phone
- Remove people during a video meeting
Add people to a video meeting in progress
Schedule video calls and invite guests using Calendar
You can invite people and remove people during a video meeting. You can invite people outside of your organization who haven’t already been added to a Calendar event. Someone from your organization must first allow them to attend the meeting. For meetings organized through your personal Google account, only the moderator can in-call invite or admit participants into the meeting.
Choose an option:
- On the right, click People Add people .
- Enter the name or email address Send invite.
- In the bottom left corner, click the meeting name.
- Click Copy joining info .
- Paste the meeting details into an email, or other app, and send it to the person.
Important: This feature is currently available for Meetings organized by G Suite users.
This feature is supported from specific countries or regions for free calls to the U.S. and Canada .Go to Supported countries and regions.
You can add someone by phone to a Google Meet video meeting in certain countries and regions.
- After you join the meeting, at the top right, click People to expand the side panel.
- Click Add people .
- Click Call.
- Select the country you’re calling to add the country code to the call.
- Enter the phone number for the person that you want to call and click Call .
- Optional: To enter additional numbers, such as an extension, click Dial to open the keypad.
The person joins the meeting when they answer the phone.
Tip: People who manually dial in using the phone number need to enter the meeting PIN.
Supported countries and regions
For a complete list of countries and regions, see Supported countries for adding guests by phone.
Important: You need to be in the same organization as the meeting organizer to remove someone from a video meeting. For meetings organized through your personal Google account, only the meeting moderator can remove participants during a video meeting.
- On the right, go to People .
- Point to the person, and then click Back arrow .
- Click Remove .
Disconnect a phone participant in a video meeting
- Click People to expand the side panel.
- Select the phone number, click the Down arrow End call .