Here's how to troubleshoot problems you might have while installing Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook. For complete information on using Google Apps Sync, see the Google Apps Sync help.
Download and installation issuesHow do I download and install Google Apps Sync?
- On your desktop, right-click the My Computer icon, then click Properties.
- Click the General tab.
- The information under System lists your operating system, its version, and any service packs.
To see which version of Outlook you are using:
- In Outlook, click Help > About Microsoft Office Outlook.
- The first line of text details the version and any service packs that have been applied.
You need to have the following version:
- Outlook 2003: 11.0.8169 or higher
- Outlook 2007: 12.0.6335 or higher
- Enable Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook for my users
- Enable Calendar service (required for users to be able to create profiles)
For details, see these administrator instructions.
If users still can't create their profiles, also verify that you aren't using an authenticated proxy, which currently isn't supported by Google Apps Sync.
Upload your logs to the Log Analyzer. This tool can quickly identify issues with Google Apps Sync. If it doesn't produce any results and you're still experiencing installation issues, submit a support case and include the 'MsiExec' folder from the 'Tracing' folder that contains the logs. These logs can be found in the following locations:
- Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Google Apps Sync\Tracing\MsiExec
- Windows Vista/7/8 - C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Google\Google Apps Sync\Tracing\MsiExec
After the installation is finished, data synchronization begins. If you are importing a lot of Exchange data to your Google Apps account, this initial synchronization can take up to 24 hours. You can, however, begin using Outlook immediately. Learn more.
- Incompatible system requirements
- Incompatible Outlook Add-ins (Microsoft support site)
- Network traffic issues
Also, if any antivirus software or third-party application has access to your Outlook .pst files, that can prevent Google Apps Sync from working.
Note that Google for Work Support can provide support for the sync tool, but not for Microsoft® Outlook or Windows. If you have additional Outlook or Windows questions, please contact Microsoft.
Error messagesI keep receiving a web-authorization prompt while using Google Apps Sync version 3.3.355.950.
- Make sure you've checked the box next to 'Remember Me' within the initial Google Apps Sync login window.
- Close Outlook and select 'Start' > 'All Programs' > 'Google Apps Sync' > 'Delete Saved Google Apps Sync Passwords'.
- If the above steps don't resolve the issue, please remove and then replace your Google Apps Sync profile.
- Open your Windows Start menu, go to the Google Apps Sync menu, and choose Delete saved Google Apps Sync passwords.
- Start Outlook, opening your Google Apps Sync profile. You'll be prompted to re-enter your password.