Here's how to troubleshoot problems you might have when using Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GWSMO) to import data to your Google Account.
Try the Log Analyzer
This tool can identify most issues within a few moments of submission.
Get details on where to find your trace log files.
Importing and migrating issuesSome or all data not importing from old account
- Check you're connected to the web during the migration and not experiencing network connectivity issues.
- Don't import from an OST file. GWSMO supports importing only from a PST file or directly from your Microsoft Exchange account. Learn more
- Import directly using GWSMO and don’t drag files from IMAP folders. GWSMO doesn't support this method as it can cause import issues. If you didn’t import directly from GWSMO, recreate your profile and try to import the data again.
If you import contact or calendar data multiple times into the same Google Workspace account, you get duplicates. You can manually remove them from your Google Workspace interface (not Outlook). Or, you can follow these steps to reimport that data:
From your Google Workspace interface (not Outlook):
You can find GWSMO trace log files on your computer here:
- Windows 7 and up—C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Local\Google\Google Apps Sync\Tracing\
- Earlier versions of Windows—C:\Documents and Settings\your-user-name\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Google Apps Sync\Tracing\
Unified single sign-on trace log files are located here: C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Local\Google\Identity
You can find details about the unsuccessful import in Outlook's Sync Issues/Local Failures folder. If you get this error, the rest of your data will continue importing.
GWSMO doesn't migrate certain message classes, including read receipts, delivery reports, and nondelivery reports. Learn more.
Are there known issues?
To find out, go to Google Workspace Known Issues. Search under Data migration and sync and Device syncing.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.