Suspend a user
You can block a user's access to your organization's Google services by suspending the user's account. This doesn't delete the user's profile or data such as documents; however, the user can no longer sign in to the account. Any shared documents or other assets remain accessible to collaborators.
Before suspending a user, you can transfer ownership of their files to another team member. If the suspension is permanent (for example, the user is leaving the company) you should transfer file ownership, because the user's unshared files can’t be accessed after suspension.
To suspend a user:
- Sign in to your team Admin console.
- Click and select Manage Team to display the Team Members page.
- Click for the team member you want to remove, and choose Remove & transfer files.
- (Optional) Choose a new owner for the files owned by the member you’re removing.
- Enter the new owner name and click Transfer.
Important: You can only transfer files while removing a team member, not afterwards.
- Choose Yes to suspend access for the deleted team member.
You can reactivate a suspended member by resending an invitation to join the team. See Add or remove team members.
Not an admin, or trying to suspend someone who's not a member of your team? Learn more.