Lucidchart cloud application
You must be signed in as a super administrator for this task.
Using Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), your users can use their Google Cloud credentials to sign in to enterprise-cloud applications.
Set up SSO via SAML for Lucidchart
Here's how to set up single sign-on (SSO) via SAML for the Lucidchart® application.Step 1: Set up Lucidchart as a SAML 2.0 service provider (SP)
From the Admin console Home page, go to Security Set up single sign-on (SSO).
To see Security, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
- Click the Download button to download the Google IdP metadata.
- Open a new incognito browser window.
- Sign into your organization’s Lucidchart instance where you will be configuring SSO.
- Go to https://www.lucidchart.com/.
- Click Team > App Integration.
- Under Integrations, select SAML.
- Click Enable SAML Integration.
- In the Domain field under the Lucidchart Sign in URL section, enter yourdomainname.
Note: Enter the domain only, not a full URL.
- Paste in the data from the Google IdP metadata file you downloaded in Step 3.
- Click Save and proceed to the next section to set up Google as a SAML identity provider (IdP).
- In a new browser tab, sign in to your Admin console as a super administrator.
- Click Apps > SAML apps.
- Click the plus (+) icon in the bottom corner.
- Select the Lucidchart item from the list. The values on the Google IDP Information page automatically populate.
- In the Basic application information window, the Application name and Description values automatically populate.
- Click Next.
- In the Service Provider Details section, enter the following URLs into the Entity ID, ACS URL, and Start URL fields:
ACS URL: https://www.lucidchart.com/saml/sso/your-domain.com
Entity ID: https://www.lucidchart.com
Start URL: <Empty>
- Leave Signed Response unchecked.
When the Signed Response checkbox is unchecked, only the assertion is signed. When the Signed Response checkbox is checked, the entire response is signed.
- The default Name ID is the primary email. Multi-value input is not supported. You can change the Name ID mapping as per your requirement. Custom attributes of the user schema can also be used after creating them via Google Admin SDK APIs. The custom attributes for the user schema need to be created prior to setting up the Lucidchart SAML application.
- Click Finish.
- Sign in to your Admin console.
- Go to Apps > SAML apps.
- Select Lucidchart.
At the top right of the gray box, click Edit Service .
To turn on or off a service for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
To turn on or off a service only for users in an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- Select On or Off.
- To keep the service turned on or off even when the service is turned on or off for the parent organizational unit, click Override.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
- Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about organizational structure.
- For Lucidchart, choose On for everyone. Ensure that your Lucidchart user account email IDs match those in your Google domain.
- Open https://www.lucidchart.com/saml/sso/your-domain.com. You should be automatically redirected to the Google sign in page.
- Enter your sign in credentials.
- After your sign in credentials are authenticated you will be automatically redirected back to Lucidchart.
As a super administrator, you can automatically provision users in the Lucidchart application.