Manage Inbox by Gmail
Not available for Data Located Customers
Inbox by Gmail helps you stay organized with the many emails you now receive. Learn more about Inbox by Gmail.
As the domain administrator, you can control whether Inbox is available for your domain or for specific organizational units.
Sign in to your Google Admin console.
Sign in using your administrator account (does not end in @gmail.com).
From the Admin console dashboard, go to AppsG SuiteGmailAdvanced settings.
Tip: To see Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom of the Gmail page.
- On the General Settings tab, scroll to End User Settings > Inbox by Gmail. To control access to Inbox for an organizational unit, click its name in the Organizations list.
- Read the important notes for enabling Inbox by Gmail. You should read and understand these points before you take the next steps.
- To enable or disable Inbox, check or uncheck the boxes in the Inbox by Gmail section.
- Click Save. It may take up to 48 hours for the change to take effect.
FAQCan individuals from my organization access Inbox?
After you enable Inbox from the admin console, anyone from your organization can access Inbox.
The Gmail team built Inbox to give you a new way to stay organized. Gmail and Inbox stay in sync so what you do in one app carries over to the other, including drafts of messages and your contacts. If you snooze a message from Inbox, it will snooze in Gmail and return to both places at the same time. However, some features like pins and reminders are only a part of Inbox and won’t be seen in Gmail.
Yes. After they sign up for Inbox, your users will have access to both, and they can use either Inbox by Gmail or Gmail based on their preference. They do not have to choose one or the other.
Yes, you can uncheck the box in the Inbox by Gmail section to disable access to Inbox for users in your domain. They will still be able to access their messages via Gmail.
Vault fully supports Inbox, but keep in mind the following:
- Bundles in Inbox are similar to Labels in Gmail, but with a few differences. In Vault Bundles and Labels are the same.
- In Gmail you can tag an email thread with multiple labels. That email thread will appear under each label. For example, if you labeled an email with Label A and Label B, then the email would appear under both Label A and B.
- In Inbox you can only move emails into a single bundle. For example, if you move an email to Bundle A, and then you move that email to Bundle B, the email will only be found under Bundle B. Keep this in mind if you have retention policies in Vault based on label:inbox.
- Snoozing a message for longer than your company's retention policy may result in the message being removed before reappearing.