Turn Drive on or off for users
As a G Suite administrator, you can control who uses Google Drive in your organization. Just turn Drive on or off for those people in your Google Admin console. People who have Drive turned on can use it to store and share files from their account.
To control who uses Drive in your organization
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for a set of users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsG SuiteDrive and Docs.
At the top right of the gray box, click Edit Service .
To apply settings to individual organizational units, do the following:
- At the left, select the organizational unit that contains the users whose settings you want to change.
- To change the setting, select On or Off.
- To keep the setting the same, even if the parent setting changes, click Override.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about the organizational structure.
(Optional) Turn on the service for a group of users.
Use access groups to turn on a service for specific users within or across your organizational units. Learn more
After turning on Drive: Set up Google Drive for your team
- Control who can access G Suite and Google services
- Opt in to new services (to turn new services on or off by default)
- G Suite for Education Core and Additional services