Troubleshoot installation issues
Here's how to troubleshoot problems you might have when installing G Suite Sync for Microsoft® Outlook® (GSSMO).
Try the Log Analyzer
Installations usually fail because the version of Windows® or Outlook doesn't meet the system requirements. Review the system requirements, install any necessary updates, and retry the installation.
If installation still fails, contact your domain administrator. Your administrator needs to enable certain settings in the Google Admin console before you can use GSSMO.
If you meet the system requirements, installation should only a few minutes.
After the installation is finished, synchronization begins. If you're importing a lot of Exchange data to your Google Account, the initial synchronization can take up to 24 hours. However, you can begin using Outlook immediately. Learn more
- You might have incompatible add-ins for Outlook. Check your Microsoft documentation for information on enabling or disabling add-ins.
- Check if you're experiencing network traffic issues.
- An anti-virus software or third-party application that has access to your Outlook .pst files can prevent GSSMO from working. Disable these applications.
Note: Google Cloud Support can provide support for GSSMO, but not for Outlook or Windows.
This issue is usually caused by installing Exchange Server management tools, which includes an incompatible version of MAPI32.DLL.
To fix the issue, uninstall the Exchange Server management tools. If that doesn't solve the problem, run fixmapi.exe.
This can occur after you change your Windows password. To fix the issue, you need to enter the new password in your GSSMO profile:
- On the Windows Start menu, go to GSSMO Delete saved GSSMO passwords.
- Open Outlook and then open your GSSMO profile. You'll be prompted to re-enter your password.
Are there known installation issues?
To find out, see Known Issues and look under Data migration and Device syncing.