What's new in YouTube Studio Beta
On this page you can find the most important information about YouTube Studio Beta, including the latest, upcoming, and previous features and updates. Keep in mind that many Creator Studio Classic features aren't currently included in YouTube Studio Beta, but will be coming in the future.
Last updated: Oct 9, 2017.
- Custom and auto-generated thumbnails
- Editor for titles, descriptions, and tags
- Advanced metadata settings
- A first version of a new video editor, starting with Trimming functionality. Note that this is not a replacement of youtube.com/editor, but rather a revisioning of Enhancements and more features in Video Manager.
- Improvements to the comments experience in YouTube Studio. Thanks for the feedback on that!
- Non English UI
- Sorting and Filtering for the Videos list, starting with the basics.
- Quickly share, view or delete your video from the Videos list.
- Monetisation settings: We know there's a lot missing compared to classic, so we'll try and bring it up to par.
- Analytics: Improved ways to visualise your data, and new metrics and insights to help you grow your channel.
- Brand new dashboard with stats, tips, actions to take, information, opportunities and more!
- Adding End screens and cards
- Video editor - expanding beyond trimming (e.g. blurring and more)
- Playlists functionality
- Live streaming functionality
- Copyright flows
- More bulk actions across the platform
Chat with other beta testers and the YouTube team about upcoming updates in the Creator Community.
Why should I use YouTube Studio Beta?
How do I get YouTube Studio Beta?
Send feedback & feature requests
The main idea for YouTube Studio Beta is to get feedback from creators. We know that many features aren't available yet, so we’d like to know which ones you’re missing the most, suggestions for new features, and any issues you have.
Here's how you can let us know:
"Send feedback" button
- Sign in to YouTube Studio Beta with your whitelisted channel.
- In the left menu, click Send feedback.
- Type in your feedback. The more information you include in your report, the more helpful it is for us.
- Choose if you want to include a screenshot (you can highlight any information on the screen or remove personal information that's showing).
- Click Send. We won’t be able to reply to your submission directly, but we’ll definitely read it and take it into account!
Connect in the Creator Community
Switch between YouTube Studio & Creator Studio Classic
We know you can't do everything yet in the new YouTube Studio. To go back to the old version of Creator Studio, click the blue Creator Studio Classic in the bottom-left corner of the screen. Whenever you want to go back to YouTube Studio, click the blue YouTube Studio Classic in the bottom-left corner of the screen or go to studio.youtube.com.