What's new in YouTube Studio beta
On this page you can find the most important information about YouTube Studio beta, including the latest, upcoming, and previous features and updates. Keep in mind that many Creator Studio Classic features aren't currently included in YouTube Studio beta, but will be coming in the future.
- You can now easily access your video URLs from the Video list by clicking on the YouTube icon when hovering over a video.
- New date options in Analytics, with months and years. Custom date ranges are coming!
- Automatically updating Latest activity card on Analytics Overview to show you realtime views for the last 48 hours.
- Reminder: Impressions, Impressions Click-through rates, Unique Viewers and Average views per Viewer are now available in YouTube Studio! You can find more information and tips on how to use these metrics here. Let us know what you think!
- First version of a new dashboard to help you quickly understand what's happening and what's important for your channel.
- Bulk actions in Videos
- Headlines that tell you how your latest video is performing, with useful tips on how to act on it.
- "Add to playlist" functionality, so you can quickly add your video to a new or existing playlist.
- Publish date overlays in the key metrics charts in Analytics
- More metrics in the tables when you click on a card in Analytics to help you analyze your data more efficiently.
- Normalized data for key metrics to give you a good sense of how your latest upload is performing, as compared to your previous uploads for the first hours/days.
- Copyright Match Tool
- First version of a new video editor, starting with trimming functionality.
- Adding end screens and cards through Editor tool.
- Playlists functionality
- New uploads workflow
- Live streaming functionality
Why should I use YouTube Studio beta?
Send feedback & feature requests
One of our main goals for YouTube Studio beta is to get feedback from creators. We want to make sure we get the basics right by getting creators involved as early as possible.
We know that many features aren't available yet, so we’d like to know which ones you’re missing the most, suggestions for new features, and any issues you have.
Here's how you can let us know:
"Send feedback" button
- In the left menu in YouTube Studio beta, click Send feedback.
- Type in your feedback. The more specific your feedback, the more helpful it is for us.
- Choose if you want to include a screenshot (you can highlight any information on the screen or remove personal information that's showing).
- Click Send. We won’t be able to reply to your submission, but we’ll definitely read and consider it.
Tell us why you're leaving
How to get YouTube Studio beta
Switch between Beta and Classic
We know you can't do everything yet in the new YouTube Studio. To go back to the old version of Creator Studio, click the blue Creator Studio Classic in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
Whenever you want to go to YouTube Studio, click the blue YouTube Studio beta in the bottom-left corner of the screen or go to studio.youtube.com.
You can also have YouTube Studio open as your default studio, instead of Creator Studio Classic. Go to 'Set as default' or Settings in the left hand menu to change from Creator Studio Classic to YouTube Studio.