Monetization is disabled for my channel
If monetization is disabled for your YouTube channel, it could be for several reasons. Any of these actions could result in suspension of payments:
- Attempting monetization of videos you don't own. If you're not sure if you have the right to upload the content, check the Copyright FAQ and make sure you know how fair use works.
- Attempting monetization of videos that don't meet monetization criteria.
- Violations of AdSense Program Policies or YouTube Terms of Service
Check monetization status on your channel
To check the status of monetization on your channel, go directly to the Status and features section of the channel or get there by following these steps:
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- In the top right, click your account icon > Creator Studio.
- In the left menu under "Channel," click Status and features.
- Check the status next to Monetization.
You can also check to see if your account is in good or bad standing due to Community Guidelines or Copyright issues, which can affect your monetization status.
How to turn monetization back on
Depending on the issue with your video or channel, you may be able to take steps to reinstate monetization. Click below based on your monetization status to learn more.
Note that severe violations of our Partner Program Policies may result in monetization being permanently disabled on all or any of your accounts.Community guidelines and copyright issues
Videos with Community Guidelines strikes, copyright strikes, worldwide Content ID blocks, and videos with visuals matching third-party content may contribute to monetization suspension on all your related accounts.
If you can’t resolve your copyright or community guidelines issues
If you can’t resolve your existing copyright or community guidelines issues, we may reinstate monetization on your channel after 3 months if you meet the following criteria:
- Your account is in good standing.
- You haven't gotten any new copyright or community guidelines issues in the last 3 months.
- You use your channel in compliance with our policies, for example by uploading content that you have the right to monetize.
If you violate Google's AdSense program policies — e.g., if we detect any invalid click activity — monetization will be temporarily suspended for 30 days. Severe violations may result in monetization being permanently disabled immediately without a 30-day suspension. Learn more about invalid click activity.
What you can do
You can appeal your disabled account. Make sure to provide as much information as possible to help reviewers understand your traffic.
If your appeal is approved, monetization may be restored on your YouTube account(s), and you can enable monetization options on videos in bulk.
Note: If your channel is managed by a multi-channel network (MCN), contact them to see if you're eligible for an appeal.
Monetization incorrectly disabled
If you believe that monetization was incorrectly disabled for your account, use the monetization troubleshooter to get help with the issue.