Appeal Community Guidelines actions
Community Guidelines strikes are issued when content on YouTube is flagged for review, either by members of the YouTube community or our smart detection technology, and our review teams determine it does not follow our Community Guidelines. If your channel receives a strike, you'll get an email, notifications on mobile and desktop, and see an alert in your Channel Settings the next time you sign in to YouTube.
We understand that we sometimes make mistakes. If you think that your content doesn't violate the Community Guidelines and was removed in error, you can appeal the strike.
If you've received a Community Guidelines strike for links in your content, make sure you're familiar with our policy and appeals process for links in your content.
Appeal a Community Guidelines strike
Before you start, review the policy related to the strike. We also list examples of content that result in a Community Guidelines strike. You may only appeal for 30 days after the warning or strike was issued.
Appeal a strike
- Sign in to YouTube from your computer.
- Click your account icon > Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, click Channel > Status and features.
- Go to the Community Guidelines Status section.
- Select Appeal this decision.
After you submit an appeal
You'll get an email from YouTube letting you know the result of your appeal request. One of the following will happen:
- If we find that your content followed our Community Guidelines, we'll reinstate it and remove the strike from your channel. If you appeal a warning and the appeal is granted, the next offense will be a warning.
- If we find your content followed our Community Guidelines, but isn’t appropriate for all audiences, we’ll apply an age-restriction. If it’s a video, it won’t be visible to users who are logged out, are under 18 years of age, or have Restricted Mode enabled. If it’s a custom thumbnail, it will be removed.
- If we find that your content was in violation of our Community Guidelines, the strike will stay and the video will remain down from the site. There is no additional penalty for appeals that are rejected.
You may appeal each strike only once.