Get Preferred Care from the Google Store
When you buy a Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, or Pixelbook from the Google Store, add Preferred Care to get the following:
- Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL:
- 30 months of accidental damage coverage, effective when you purchase your device
- 6 months of mechanical breakdown coverage, effective after the two-year manufacturer’s warranty
- 24 months of accidental damage coverage, effective when you purchase your device
- 12 months of mechanical breakdown coverage, effective after the one-year manufacturer’s warranty
- 24/7 priority access to support specialists
- Unlimited priority sessions to learn about your device
Currently Preferred Care is available for Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, and Pixelbook devices purchased in the U.S. and Canada.
Buy Preferred Care
- Select your device, then select Choose options.
- Select Preferred Care.
- Add to cart and finish checkout. Your coverage period starts when your device ships.
Note: When you buy Preferred Care through the Google Store, device repair or replacement is handled by Assurant1, the company we’ve partnered with to provide coverage for your device.
Preferred Care covers your device for up to 2 incidents of accidental damage (including drops, spills, and cracks) over the term of your coverage. To start a claim, follow these steps.
Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL
All Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL phones sold in the U.S. and Canada come with a two-year manufacturer’s warranty to cover device malfunctions that occur through no fault of the owner.
- If your device malfunctions in the first two years after you bought it, contact Google.
- If it malfunctions after the two-year manufacturer’s warranty but within 30 months of when you bought the device, visit mydeviceprotect.com or call Assurant at 877-406-4372.
- If you don’t know how long it’s been since you bought your device, check your order history on the Google Store or the store where you bought your phone.
All Pixelbook devices sold in the U.S. and Canada come with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty to cover device malfunctions that occur through no fault of the owner. Preferred Care from the Google Store provides similar coverage for the second year.
- If your device malfunctions in the first year after you bought it, contact Google.
- If it malfunctions in the second year, visit mydeviceprotect.com or call Assurant at 877-406-4372.
- If you don’t know how long it’s been since you bought your device, check your order history on the Google Store.
Get expert help
File a claim with Assurant
If you need to file a claim in the second year, visit mydeviceprotect.com or call Assurant at 877-406-4372.
With Preferred Care, you can call our team of specialists for help with repairs or replacements.
- Phone support (in English) is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Chat support is available from 6 AM to 9 PM PT.
- Contact a support specialist
- Phone and chat support (in English) are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Phone and chat support (in French Canadian) are available 9 AM - 5 PM EST.
- Contact a support specialist
You can also set up a call with an expert and get help with topics, like setting up your phone for the first time or mastering Android apps.
Important: Before you file a claim for a device that doesn’t work, turn it off, then on again.
What to know about filing a claim
- Start your claim as soon as possible (within 90 days of the damage occurring, 1 year in Wisconsin).
- Walk-in repairs are available through UBREAKIFIX for Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL screen repairs only. You only need to pay the deductible.
- You can claim up to 2 incidents of accidental damage during the term of your coverage. Each time you file a claim, you’ll need to pay a deductible - $79 for Pixel 2, $99 for Pixel 2 XL, and $99 for Pixelbook.
To start a claim, visit mydeviceprotect.com.
- Your replacement can only be shipped to the same country where you bought coverage.
- Your replacement may be a new, refurbished, or recertified device of similar make and quality. See Terms and Conditions for complete details.
- Make sure you’re eligible for a replacement.
- Go to your order details page to find your device’s IMEI number (for Pixel 2 phones) or serial number (for Pixelbook).
- Call Assurant at 877-406-4372. You’ll need your credit card to pay the deductible.
- After your claim is approved, you'll get an email confirming your approved replacement.
- When you get your replacement device:
- Print the RMA packing slip attached to your confirmation email and put it in the box with your damaged device. (You can reuse the box your replacement came in.)
- Print the attached prepaid shipping label and put it on the outside of the box. Check the shipping label to see how to ship your package.
- Send your old device back within 14 days of getting your replacement. You can track your package with the return tracking number on your shipping label to see when it's been received. If you don't return your device in the 14-day window, you may be charged the unrecovered equipment fee listed on your contract.
When you can get a replacement
You might be entitled to a replacement in the accidental damage or device malfunction situations described above.
Replacements are not available if:
- You lost your device, it was stolen, or you don’t have it anymore.
- Your device has been replaced twice for accidental damage already.
For a complete list of exclusions, see Preferred Care from the Google Store Terms and Conditions.
Cancel or transfer Preferred Care
If you’re not happy with Preferred Care from the Google Store, you can contact Google to get a refund.
- Within 30 days of buying: If you haven’t filed a claim, you can get a full refund for Preferred Care.
- After 30 days: You can get a prorated refund (less any claims paid up to the cancellation date).
Cancellation/refund provision may vary by state. See plan Terms and Conditions for state-specific cancellation and refund methods.
- If you give your device to a new owner, you can request to transfer Preferred Care to the new owner.
- Transfers only work in the country where the device was bought. (For example, if you bought the device in the U.S., you can’t transfer Preferred Care if you give the device to someone in Canada.)
- Preferred Care can’t be transferred to a different device. It covers only the device with which it was purchased.
If you return your device to Google within 30 days of buying it, we’ll automatically cancel your Preferred Care plan and refund you the full price of the plan.
1Plan is provided by Federal Warranty Service Corporation in all states except CA, where it’s Sureway, Inc., FL, where it’s United Service Protection, Inc., and OK, where it’s Assurant Service Protection, Inc. All these companies operate under the trade name Assurant. For more information, including limitations and exclusions, see Preferred Care Sample Terms and Conditions. Your service contract with Assurant and related communications will be delivered via email. To view your documents, you must provide us with a valid email address. You will also need a device with Internet access, print and/or storage capability. If you do not receive your service contract within 2 business days, or would like to request a paper copy, please contact Assurant at 877-406-4372. For customer support and general program inquiries, call 877-406-4372. To request a sample copy of the terms and conditions specific to your state, call 866-450-5185.