Set up Floodlight tags, activities, and groups
Create a Floodlight activity group
A Floodlight activity group is a container for Floodlight activities. You need to create at least one Floodlight group before you can create Floodlight activities and tags in Search Ads 360.
Each group can contain only one type of activity. For example, you can create one group for action activities and another group for transaction activities. Learn more about Floodlight tags, activities, and groups.
Special permissions required
To create or edit Floodlight activity groups and Floodlight activities in Search Ads 360, your Google account needs all of the following permissions:
- In Search Ads 360, your account needs agency manager or advertiser manager permissions.
- Your account also needs a user profile in Campaign Manager with the following permissions:
- Floodlight: full access
- Access to the Campaign Manager API
Shared Floodlight configurations
If your advertiser is part of a shared Floodlight configuration, you can only create Floodlight activities from the parent advertiser. All of the child advertisers will have access to the Floodlight activities created in the parent.
- In Search Ads 360, sign into the advertiser that is associated with the parent Campaign Manager advertiser and create Floodlight groups and activities from there. You'll need agency manager or advertiser manager permissions for this Search Ads 360 advertiser.
- In Campaign Manager your account needs full Floodlight access and API access for the Campaign Manager parent advertiser.
Create a Floodlight activity group
Navigate to an advertiser.Steps for navigating to an advertiser
Click the navigation bar to display navigation options.
In the Agency list, click on the agency that contains the advertiser. You can search for an agency by name or scroll through the list.
In the Advertiser list, click on the advertiser.
Click Apply or press the Enter key.
Search Ads 360 displays the advertiser page, which contains data for all of the advertiser’s engine accounts.
In the left navigation panel, click Advertiser settings.
Don't see Advertiser settings? Only Search Ads 360 agency managers or advertiser managers can see Advertiser settings in the left navigation panel.
Click the Floodlight▼ tab and select Floodlight activity groups.
Click the + Floodlight activity group button, which appears just below the tab.
The settings panel for the new Floodlight activity group appears.
Name the Floodlight activity group.Choose a name that reflects the type of conversion that activities in this group can track. For example, if the group will contain activities for tracking transaction, include the word "transaction" or "sales" in the group name. This will make it easy to choose an appropriate group when you create Floodlight activities.
Enter the group tag string, which the Floodlight servers use to identify the activity group.
Because Floodlight servers use the group tag string to identify the activity group, the string needs to be unique within the advertiser. For example, to create a string you could abbreviate the group name and end with a unique number (e.g., convert a group name of $3 sale to a tag string of 3sale123).
- Enter the type of conversion you want attributed to the Floodlight activities in this group.
Search Ads 360 adds the Floodlight activity group to the table. You can now add Floodlight activities under the group.
Changes you can make to Floodlight groups
After you create a Floodlight group, you can make the following types of changes:
- Change its name.
The name is used in Search Ads 360 and Campaign Manager reports. You can change the name at any time without affecting reporting data.
- Add new Floodlight activities to the group.
- Remove Floodlight activities that have been created in the group.
You cannot make the following types of changes:
- Change the group's type. For example, you can't change an "action" group to a "transaction" group.
- Change the group's "tag string." The tag string is an ID you create to uniquely identify the group. Search Ads 360 and Campaign Manager use this string, so it can't be changed.
- Combine groups together, even if they contain the same type of activities.
- Move a Floodlight activity from one group to another.
Instead, you can remove an activity from one group and create a new activity in a different group. The reporting data for the removed activity is not preserved.