Display & Video 360 line item filtering
Dynamic creatives can select the right creative content based on which Display & Video 360 line item the creative is serving in. This strategy will make sure the creative's content matches the line item's targeting. To take advantage of this feature, your media buying partner should assign your dynamic creative to many different line items. Each row of the feed (or variant) will only serve when the line item ID in that row wins the impression.
This strategy requires no macro setup, so it's easier than using data pass.
- Start with a feed template. Refer to this sample feed structure as a starting point.
- Fill out the feed. Follow these general feed instructions to add columns and data to the feed.
- Add the Display & Video 360 line item ID filtering column. Add a column for line item IDs. In each row, enter the numerical ID of the line item you want to show this row's content to.
If you want to show the same creative content for more than one line item, you can use a single row and separate line item IDs with a comma.
- For each row in the spreadsheet, fill out the values in the dynamic element columns that you want to display when the creative is served to the line item ID in that row.
- Open Display & Video 360, then open your advertiser.
- Click Campaign in the left menu.
- Click the name of the campaign you want to open.
- At the top of the page, click the Line items tab.
- Find the line items the Studio creatives will be assigned to. Copy the number found in the ID column to the right of the line item's name.
Studio profile setup
- Upload the feed to your Studio profile.
- Navigate to Step 2: Manage Data. In the "Data types and filters" section, find the field name that matches the name of the Display & Video 360 line item ID column in your feed. In that row, select the field type DV360 line item ID.
- Review the other fields in your spreadsheet and make sure each field is set to the correct data type.
- Click Transform, then click Save and continue.
- In Step 3: Manage Rules, select what type of filtering to use, either "Auto-filter", or "Prioritized" (if using prioritized rules). Confirm that the Summary displays "Filtering on: DV360_lineitem_ID" (or the name of the line item ID column in your feed). If you need to update the filtering column, click Manage.
- In Step 4: Generate Code, the dynamic code is generated. Follow these steps to incorporate the dynamic code into the creative files and upload them to Studio.
Preview and troubleshooting
- In Step 5: Preview, preview the creative by entering the Display & Video 360 line item ID to preview with, then click Apply. Repeat as needed to test multiple line item IDs.
- When you're done previewing and testing the creative, go to Step 7: Publish, then click Publish.
Make sure to use the right Display & Video 360 line item IDs for each row of content in the feed. To do so, you'll need to coordinate with your media buying partner to decide which content to assign based on the line item's target audience.