If your advertiser already uses Campaign Manager to serve ads, you can link an existing Campaign Manager advertiser to a new advertiser in Display & Video 360.
Link a Campaign Manager advertiser to Display & Video 360
You can link any Campaign Manager advertiser to a new advertiser in Display & Video provided that you've been given permission to add the advertiser from Campaign Manager.
Step 1: In Campaign Manager
Before you can link to a Campaign Manager advertiser in Display & Video 360, your advertiser has to share their Floodlight configuration with your Display & Video 360 partner. For information about how do this, see Link a Floodlight configuration with a Display & Video 360 advertiser in the Campaign Manager help center.
Step 2: In Display & Video 360
Once a Floodlight configuration has been shared with your Display & Video 360 partner, you can select it while creating a new advertiser in Display & Video 360.
When you're setting up your advertiser, use the following for the advertiser's ad server and attribution settings:
- Ad server: Select "Display & Video 360 and third-party ad servers." Learn more
- Attribution settings: Select the Floodlight group that represents your advertiser in Campaign Manager. If you don't see the ID you're looking for, it hasn't been shared with your partner yet.
- Campaign Manager site(s): Choose one of the following:
- Automatically create a linked Campaign Manager site for me: Use this option if you don't have an existing Campaign Manager site to synchronize with Display & Video 360 for sharing creatives, including tracking ads. You'll need to traffic your creatives to this Campaign Manager site in order for the sync to happen.
- Add my own Campaign Manager sites): Use this option if you already have a site in Campaign Manager that you want to use to share creatives, including tracking ads. Please note, only the placements (and creatives) within these sites will be available in Display & Video 360.
Display & Video 360 users are responsible for linking accounts: Google Marketing Platform support can't link Campaign Manager advertisers to Display & Video 360 advertisers on behalf of customers.
Google Marketing Platform support can't unlink advertisers: Support can't remove associations once they've been established, so please be careful when linking advertisers.
Don't remove any Campaign Manager sites once you've added them: Removing the syncable sites associated with an advertiser in Display & Video 360 may affect creatives synced to Display & Video 360. Before you remove a syncable site from a Display & Video 360 advertiser, make sure no live campaigns are serving creatives from the syncable site. As an alternative, consider adding an additional syncable site instead of removing an existing one.
All audience lists in Campaign Manager will be in Display & Video 360: All segments related to your advertiser's Floodlight configuration IDs and syncable site IDs will be synced with Display & Video 360. You can't pick or exclude individual segments.
Subaccounts in Campaign Manager: You can't link a Campaign Manager advertiser that's a subaccount of another Campaign Manager advertiser to Display & Video 360. See What ad server configuration should I use for more information.
Frequently asked questions
How does Display & Video 360 handle currency conversion?
- Display & Video 360 converts the advertiser's currency into USD at bid time.
- If an impression is won, the price of the impression is immediately converted back into the advertiser's currency when the spend is recorded.
Currency exchanges in Display & Video 360 are powered using a widely used bank feed of daily exchange rates. Google doesn't charge any fee for currency conversion in Display & Video 360.