Optimize your listing to help users find your business
- Make sure your listing is complete and accurate.
- Choose the most appropriate, specific categories for your business.
- Establish a strong, accurate presence on the web.
1. Make sure your listing is complete and accurate.
- Make sure your business location is entered correctly on the map so users can find you easily. You can drag the map marker to your exact business location.
- List your authoritative and official business website on the local listing, since Google uses information from your website to help improve search results.
- Include images and videos to help your listing stand out.
- Add information such as opening hours and payment types to help users choose among search results.
- To learn more about helping Google crawl and index your site, take a look at the Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide.
- Of course, be sure that your business name, physical address, and phone number(s) are correct.
- See the Google Places quality guidelines to learn more.
2. Choose the most appropriate, specific categories for your business.
- Pick a category from the list of suggestions to help Google to show your business for the right searches (although you can always enter your own category if Google Places doesn't suggest one that fits your business).
- Don't be afraid to choose specific categories instead of broad ones. The important thing is that the categories are accurate and describe your business well. Google's search algorithm makes sure that users looking for "Book Stores" will see businesses in more specific categories like "Used Book Stores," "Comic Book Stores," and "Rare Book Stores" too.
3. Establish a strong, accurate presence on the web.
- Google improves search results by aggregating information about your business from all over the web. Make sure information about your business on third-party sites is accurate, and try to contact the respective site directly to correct any inaccurate information.
- Encourage customers to review your business by clicking Write a review on the local listing.