Transfer data from a BlackBerry or Windows Phone to a Pixel
You can copy data from a BlackBerry or Windows Phone to a Pixel phone. Data that you've saved to your Google Account will automatically sync with your Pixel phone. You can move other content manually.
Note: If you connect with the Quick Switch Adapter at setup, you'll see a "Phone may not be supported" message. Instead, follow these steps.
Get ready to copy
- Charge both phones. Learn how to charge your Pixel phone.
- Sync your BlackBerry or Windows Phone to your Google Account.
- If you'll use a mobile network, insert your SIM card into your Pixel phone. Learn how to insert a SIM card.
- Press the Power button until your Pixel phone starts. See a diagram of your Pixel phone.
- To change the language or how big things look on your screen, tap those options at the bottom.
- Tap Let's go Set up as new.
Tip: If you pick a different option, you'll see a "Phone may not be supported" message.
Continue using Google Account contacts
If you already use contacts in your Google Account, like in Gmail, you'll see them in your communication apps on your Pixel phone.
Import contacts from another email provider
If you use contacts with another web-based email provider (like Outlook, Hotmail, Yahoo, or AOL), you can import those contacts into your Google Account.
Import contacts from a SIM card
If your contacts are on a SIM card, you can import them.
Continue using Google Calendar
If you already use Google Calendar, open your Pixel phone's Calendar app .
Import events from another calendar app
You can import events from most calendar apps, like Outlook Calendar, to Google Calendar.
Copy from your Google Account
You can upload content from your current phone or computer to your Google Account. Content in your Google Account automatically syncs with your Pixel phone. Learn how to:
- Transfer music with Google Play.
- Upload files and folders to Google Drive.
- Back up photos and videos to Google Photos.
Copy by USB cable
You can transfer content directly from your computer to your Pixel phone with a USB cable.
Switch to Android features
You can download many of the apps that you had on your Windows Phone or BlackBerry from the Google Play Store.
You may have to pay for the Android versions of some apps. To transfer subscription services to your Pixel phone for free, sign in after you download the app.