Pixel phones charge with USB-C cables. For best results, use the power adapter that came with your phone.
- Plug either end of the USB-C cable into the port on the bottom of your phone.
- Plug the other end of the cable into the power adapter that came with your phone.
- Plug your power adapter into a power outlet.
Tip: It’s good to fully charge the battery of a new phone. After that, charge as much or as little as needed. (You don’t have to go from full to zero charge, or from zero to full charge.)
How to charge quickly
- Use the power adapter that came with your phone and plug into a wall outlet. Other power sources, like laptops, can charge more slowly.
- You can use your phone while charging. To charge faster, don't use it while charging.
Hear when your phone is charging
- Make sure your phone's ring sound is turned on. Learn how to change your phone volume.
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Sound Advanced.
- Turn on Charging sounds.
- When you plug in your phone, you'll hear a sound.
Note: If your phone is muted or on vibrate, you won't hear a sound.
Which power adapters and cables to use
- Pixel phones use USB-C with USB 2.0 power adapters and cables.
- To charge your phone with a USB-A power adapter, use a USB-C to USB-A cable. This will charge your phone more slowly than USB-C.
- Other Android cables and power adapters might not work with Pixel phones.
- Pixel 3a, Pixel 2, and Pixel (2016) phones can't charge wirelessly.
- The battery can’t be removed. The phone shouldn't be opened, except by authorized repair services.
- The power adapter varies by country or region.
- The power adapter has a maximum output of 18W (9V/2A).