- Play videos, games, or other media.
- Make video calls.
- Record high definition videos.
- Connect to a wireless hotspot.
- Tether your phone or use it as a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Download or upload a lot of data over a mobile data or Wi-Fi connection.
- Do any of the above while your phone charges.
How your phone protects itself
- Slow down.
- Slow charging.
- Turn off your camera’s flash.
- Disable your camera.
- Partially or fully turn off your mobile data or Wi-Fi.
If your phone’s temperature keeps rising, it could show a warning and turn off. The phone turns off to keep you and your phone safe. If your phone turns off, let it cool down and restart it.
If your phone continues to turn off, contact Pixel support.
Your phone might overheat because of issues that also cause battery drain. Learn how to limit your apps and save your battery.
Tip: To manage overheating issues that reoccur, learn how to fix excessive battery drain.
To keep your phone from getting too hot:
- Stop features or apps that take too many resources, until your phone cools down.
- Keep your phone away from direct heat or excessive sunlight.
- Don’t keep your phone in enclosed or poorly ventilated areas.
- Reduce your phone's display brightness. Open your phone's Settings app. Then, tap Display Brightness level.
- Use only cases or covers made for your specific phone.