Learn what to do if you run out of storage
If you back up in Original quality and you run out of storage, your photos will stop backing up. Learn more about what happens when you run out of storage space.
- If your upload size is set to High quality, you get unlimited free storage. But if it’s set to Original, your backed up photos will count against your Google Photos storage.
- You get 15 GB of free storage for photos and videos that are stored exactly as you captured them.
- On your computer, open photos.google.com.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- At the top left, click Menu Settings.
- Under your upload size options, click Buy storage.
- Select a storage plan.
- Add or select your payment method.
- Click Subscribe.
Note: If you don’t see the option above, you might not be running out of storage or you don’t have any photos in Original quality.