Activate G Suite for Nonprofits
If your organization has a Google for Nonprofits account, you’re eligible for G Suite for Nonprofits. See the countries where G Suite for Nonprofits is available.
What you need
- A Google for Nonprofits account. Learn how to request a Google for Nonprofits account.
- A G Suite Basic account. Sign up for a G Suite for Nonprofits trial account.
- Your organization must verify that you own your domain.
- Sign up for a G Suite for Nonprofits trial account.
- Verify your G Suite domain.
- Go to Google for Nonprofits and sign in with your organization’s administrative account.
- Under "G Suite for Nonprofits," click Activate.
- Follow the steps and submit your domain. Make sure to enter your domain like "nonprofit.org" - do not include "www" or "http://." If you don't follow this formatting, your activation may not be processed.
Google will review your request in 3 business days to make sure your G Suite account is eligible to be upgraded to G Suite for Nonprofits.
G Suite for Nonprofits is available at no charge.
What you get
- G Suite for Nonprofits is similar to G Suite Basic. Learn what apps come with G Suite Basic.
- Your organization can have unlimited users.
Fix G Suite activation problems
If you're receiving a notice that your trial period has ended, it's likely that you haven't fully activated G Suite for Nonprofits in your Google for Nonprofits account.
In order to complete the process you need to log into your Google for Nonprofits account, and click 'Activate' under G Suite for Nonprofits and finish up the steps as listed above.
G Suite domains must be verified before they can be upgraded to the Nonprofit Edition. You can check if your domain is verified by signing into your G Suite account at google.com/a/your-domain.org (replace your-domain.org with your actual G Suite domain name). You will be prompted to verify domain ownership if your account is not yet verified.
If your account is not verified, please log into your G Suite admin console and verify domain ownership using one of the methods outlined here. Once you've verified your domain, sign in to Google for Nonprofits and submit your domain for activation.
You can only upgrade G Suite Basic to G Suite for Nonprofits. To change your subscription to G Suite Basic:
- Sign in to your organization’s G Suite Admin console.
- Click Billing.
- Change your subscription to G Suite Basic.
After you've changed your subscription G Suite Basic, re-activate G Suite for Nonprofits.
Your domain belongs to a reseller
We aren't able to upgrade G Suite accounts to the nonprofits version if the domain for your G Suite account is owned by a reseller. Google for Nonprofits can only upgrade you to G Suite for Nonprofits if the relationship is directly with Google.