To get more business features and administrator controls, upgrade your Google Workspace for Nonprofits subscription to a more advanced Google Workspace edition at a discounted, nonprofit price.
What to expect from upgrading
Sign in to compare features
If you're already an administrator for a G Suite or Google Workspace account, sign in now to compare features across available editions: Sign in to your account (doesn't end in gmail.com).
Upgrade prices and discounts
These prices are available to nonprofits in the Google for Nonprofits Program who have activated a G Suite or Google Workspace subscription and are no longer in their free trial. Prices apply monthly, for each user.
- Business Standard—75% nonprofit discount on standard price
- Business Plus—72% nonprofit discount on standard price
- Enterprise editions—70+% nonprofit discount on standard price
Discounts are only available through Google, not through a Google partner (reseller).
How to upgrade for a discount
To receive discount pricing when you upgrade, follow the steps listed for your Google Workspace subscription.
|Google Workspace for Nonprofits||Follow the steps below.|
G Suite Basic
G Suite Business
Follow these steps.
Step 1: Upgrade your subscription
You can turn most features on or off for different users. However, when you upgrade, everyone gets the same subscription.
From the Admin console Home page, at the top left, click Menu BillingGet more services.Under Google Workspace, you will see different options.
- Select the edition you want to purchase and click Upgrade.
Review the impact this change will have on your organizationclick Get started.
Select a payment plan:
- Flexible Plan—No long-term commitment, pay for the users you have each month, and add or remove users as needed.
- Annual Plan (Monthly Payment)—Requires a 1-year contract, pay monthly for users committed upfront, and add users as needed. You can increase the number of users in the users needed field.
(Optional) Under Flexible Plan, click Add promotion code and enter any promotional code you have.
- Enter your billing informationclick Place order.
Previously purchased Drive storage or Google Vault licenses can remain assigned after you upgrade. To avoid charges for these licenses, check and remove any individual Drive and Vault licenses from users who received G Suite Business for Nonprofits licenses. See Assign, remove, and reassign licenses.
(Optional) Step 2: Set up archiving with Google Vault
For instructions, go to Set up Vault for your organization.