A value has not been provided in your product data for one or more attributes that are required for your product. For certain products featured in Shopping ads and free listings, specific sets of attributes are required. For example, the
size attributes are all required for apparel offers, and must be specified in order for these offers to show.
Your product will generally have lower data quality if its required attributes are missing from your product data. This may lead to reduced performance of your offer in search results.
To fix this issue, provide the missing required attributes for your product in your product data. You can add required attributes or only those that were specifically flagged for this error. Learn more about product data specification
In some cases, if you do not provide a
google_product_category for your product, a category will be automatically determined. If this category is inaccurate, the required attributes may be different from your uploaded attributes. You can specify the correct category manually, by using the
google_product_category attribute, which may resolve the issue.
Step 1: See the affected products
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Select Products on the navigation menu, then click Diagnostics.
- Click the Item issues tab to see current issues affecting your products.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for all issues:
- Click the download button next to the filter button , beneath the graph and above the list of issues.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for a particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click the download button at the end of the row.
To see a list of up to 50 products with this particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click View samples in the “Affected items” column.
Step 2: Add this attribute to your product data
- Filter the downloaded report so that you only see products with:
"Issue title" = Missing value [size, color, gender, age_group].
- Provide the value of the missing attribute(s) to resolve the issue.
Step 3: Resubmit your product data
- After you’ve updated your product data, resubmit it using one of these methods:
- Next, check that you’ve fixed the issue by making sure it’s no longer listed on the Diagnostics page.
Keep in mind: It may take some time for your change to be reflected on the Diagnostics page.