This is step 5b of the local inventory onboarding guide.
This article describes how you create a local products inventory feed for local inventory ads and free local product listings. For complete details on the feed itself, see the local products inventory feed specification.
If you’re interested in submitting product data through API, learn more about the Google Content API.
The local products inventory feed is a list of the products you sell in each store. Some attributes are required for all items, some are required for certain types of items, and others are recommended.
Build your local products inventory feed
Step 1: Create a delimited text file or use API
Include the attributes
price for every product you sell in at least one store.
priceis required in either the primary feed for national default pricing or in this feed for any store-specific overrides.
Step 3: Upload your local products inventory feed
- Mode: Select “Standard” if you are ready to submit your inventory data. Select “Test” if you would like to check and fix any processing errors and warnings before submitting the same file as a standard feed.
- Country of sale: The country where your stores are located and for which you intend to submit inventory data.
- Language: The language of the content in your feed. Each country of sale has accepted languages.
Important: In case your country of sale has several accepted languages, please make sure to submit both a primary feed and a local product inventory feed for each individual language.
- Currency: The currency that should be applied for your feed. Each country of sale has accepted currencies.
- Feed name: Enter a descriptive name that helps you identify the feed. The inventory feed name doesn’t need to match the name of the file you’re submitting.
Choose how to set up your feed and connect your data to Merchant Center.
- Scheduled fetch: You'll host a file on your website that contains data and schedule a regular time for Google to fetch updates. Updates are only applied to your account when the fetch occurs. Learn more about submitting feeds via scheduled fetches
- Upload: You'll keep a file on your computer that contains data and regularly upload it to your account through SFTP, FTP, Google Cloud Storage, or a manual upload. Learn more about uploading feeds
Inventory price and quantity can change frequently and on a store-by-store basis. Please increase the feed frequency to carry out more frequent updates of your inventory data. Please contact our support team using the contact form in case you encounter issues with your feed frequency.
To submit product data through API, learn more about the Google Content API.