Local inventory ads onboarding guide
Create a local product inventory feed
This is step 3b of local inventory ads setup.
This page details how you create a local products inventory feed for local inventory ads. For complete details on the feed itself, see the local products inventory feed specification.
To submit product data through API, learn more about the Google Content API.
The local products inventory feed is a list of the products you sell in each store. Some attributes are required for all items, some are required for certain types of items, and others are recommended.
Note: Not providing a required attribute may prevent that particular item from showing up in results, and not providing recommended attributes may impact the ad's performance.
Build your local products inventory feed
Step 1: Create a delimited text file or use API
Include the attributes
price for every product you sell in at least one store.
View a sample local product inventory feed.
riceis required in either the local products feed for national default pricing or in this feed for any store-specific overrides.
Step 3: Upload your local products inventory feed
- Type: Select “Local Product Inventory” feed. Note: you must submit at least one local product inventory feed which includes all of your inventory. Learn more about local product inventory feed types.
- Local inventory feed name: Enter a descriptive name that helps you identify the feed. The inventory feed name doesn’t need to match the name of the file you’re submitting.
- Input method: Select the one that fits your needs best:
- Upload: Upload files directly to Merchant Center via SFTP, FTP, Google Cloud Storage, or manually.
- Scheduled fetch: Google can fetch your feed directly from your server.
- File name: Depending on what input method you select, you may be prompted to enter the name of the file you'll be submitting. This name should exactly match the name of the file you created and include a valid extension.
Inventory price and quantity can change frequently and on a store-by-store basis. Use incremental feeds to make quick updates to inventory data.
Full local product inventory feed: Submit daily and include all of your inventory. The feed type is 'Local product inventory.'
Incremental local product inventory feed: If the price and/or quantity of your items per store changes throughout the day, submit only the items that have changed with their new details multiple times throughout the day. The feed type is 'Local product inventory update.'
The local product inventory update feed type processes faster than the full local product inventory feed, allowing for more-up-to-date information in your local inventory ads.