A marketplace is an online platform that provides a place for multiple individual merchants to sell their products. This article explains how to submit your data if you're a marketplace.
This article does not apply to you if:
- You manage your own website. If you manage your own website and store and it's not part of a marketplace.
- You're managing sellers as an agency. Agencies are third parties that submit items to Google on behalf of individual retailers. Each individual retailer is a separate entity and has a unique domain for its website such as example.com.
- You're an individual seller on a marketplace. Individual sellers should submit their product data directly to the marketplace and make sure all of their products comply with Shopping policies. If a marketplace doesn't submit feeds on behalf of sellers, sellers can refer the marketplace to this article.
Note: If you plan to upload a large number of feeds or make frequent changes to your product data, it is strongly recommended that you upload this directly using the Content API.
Managing sellers on a marketplace
There are unique considerations for marketplaces in both setup and ongoing maintenance.
- Sign up with an email address you check regularly to get information about account updates and quality suggestions.
- Request a conversion of your account to an advanced account setup. Choose “Marketplace”.
- Submit product data on behalf of your sellers rather than having each seller submit their product data individually. We won't accept submissions from your individual sellers. It is strongly recommended that you use the Content API to directly upload product data.
Follow these guidelines for marketplaces.
- Help your sellers. You and your sellers use the same account, so you'll need to handle any questions that individual sellers have about Shopping ads.
- Comply with Shopping ads policies. Any break from policy could result in disapprovals or suspension.
- Avoid duplicate products. Make sure you don't submit the same products for the same seller. You're allowed to submit the same products only if they're from different sellers.
Keep in mindGoogle reserves the right to deactivate sub-accounts of individual marketplace sellers. Learn more about Item disapprovals for policy violations
- Multi-seller accounts
- About performance reporting for marketplaces in Merchant Center
- Convert to an advanced account setup
- Shopping policies
- Follow the Merchant Center guidelines
- Content API in Merchant Center