Our goal is to provide the best user experience on Google. To ensure that the ads we show to online shoppers are safe, secure, and comply with legal requirements, we maintain comprehensive enforcement of the Shopping ads policies for all merchants. If we find items you submitted do not comply with our policies, we will disapprove individual items or your entire Merchant Center account depending on the severity and frequency of the violation.
To find disapproved items, follow these steps:
- In your Merchant Center account, go to Products.
- Then, click Diagnostics.
- Go to the Item issues tab.
- Find the “Violation of Shopping ads policy” row in the list of issues.
- Click View examples in the “Affected items” column to see a sample listing.
- To download a complete list (.csv) of all affected items, click the Download button at the end of the row.
[shopping_ads_excluded_country]attribute to exclude countries for individual products.
Why does my item keep getting disapproved?
Occasionally, our automated process may disapprove items because they share terms or descriptions related to restricted products. For example, a squirt gun or printer cartridge might be flagged due to our policies around firearms. Learn more about Shopping ads policies
To help resolve this issue, you may have an option on your product page to request a manual review of an item that has been automatically disapproved for policy violations (“REQUEST REVIEW” button in the “Item status” section).
If we review your item and determine that it should remain disapproved, you won’t be able to request manual reviews of other items in your account for 7 days.
Instructions to request a manual review of a disapproved item
In some instances, there will be an option in your Merchant Center account to request a manual review of an individual item that has been disapproved automatically for policy violations. If this option is available for a disapproved item, “REQUEST REVIEW” will be listed in the “Actions” column of the “Item status” section of the item’s overview page. Here’s how you can request a manual review for one of these items:
- Find the item in the “All products” list under “Products” in your Merchant Center account.
- Click on the title of the item.
- In the "Item status" section, click REQUEST REVIEW.
- Review the policies related to your item disapproval and then check the box that acknowledges that you reviewed the information.
- Select Request manual review.
It may take up to 3 business days to complete the manual review. Items that are approved will be eligible to serve in Shopping ads within 24 hours. If we review your item and determine that it was correctly disapproved, you won’t be able to request manual reviews of other items in your account for 7 days.
In severe cases where multiple offers are in violation of the same policies, we'll suspend your Merchant Center account for policy violations. Learn more about account suspensions