When users click your ad, they’re sent to a landing page on your website for the advertised product. Set the URL for this landing page with the
When to use
Required for Shopping ads. Optional for Shopping Actions.
If you only submit the
link attribute, all desktop and mobile device users are directed to the landing page specified here. Learn about how
ads_redirect work together.
Follow these formatting guidelines to make sure we understand the data you're submitting.
|Offer.url, Type: URL|
|File format||Example entry|
For format API information, please see Content API for Shopping.
Follow these guidelines to make sure you submit high-quality data for your products and get the best performance from your ads.
These are the requirements you'll need to meet to show ads for your product. If you don't follow these requirements, we'll disapprove your product and let you know in the Diagnostics page of your Merchant Center account.
- Link to a landing page that meets the requirements. Learn more about requirements for Google Shopping landing pages.
- Ensure that your landing page is mobile friendly. Make sure that the landing page you submitted works on desktop and mobile devices. Your landing page must meet this requirement even if you also use the
- Start with
httpsand comply with RFC 3986. For example:
- Use your verified domain name. Make sure to use the domain name that you verified (during account setup or through the Website Verification tab). Learn more about how to verify and claim your domain name.
- Make sure your URL can be crawled by Google. For example, ensure your robots.txt file is configured correctly. Learn more about robots.txt files.
- Replace any symbols or spaces with URL encoded entities. For example, if your URL contains an
&, then replace it with
- Don’t require users to register, sign in, or take any other actions to view information about your product. Make sure users see your final landing page immediately after clicking your ad.
- Submit only one attribute per item. If you provide multiple link attributes for the same item, only one of them will be applied.
- Use legally required redirects. For certain products, local laws may require that your users land on a separate page before your landing page. For example, you may need to verify age before users can access your site. After users get past this page, make sure your landing page meets all the same guidelines described earlier. Learn more about requirements for Google Shopping landing pages.
These are best practices that can help you go beyond the basic requirements to optimize your product data for performance.
- Use a stable URL. The URL that you include shouldn’t change unless your landing page moves. For example, don’t use URLs with timestamps or parts that could change each time you submit your product data. Whenever you change your URL, your landing page will need to be evaluated and crawled. This process could cause unnecessary load on your servers.
- Pre-select the correct variant. Link to your landing page with the correct variant selected. Users who see the product they clicked on are more likely purchase it. Still remember to submit your variant details through the appropriate attributes such as
- Use the
mobile_linkattribute along with the
linkattribute if you have a separate landing page designed for mobile devices. Learn more about mobile link.
- Use the
ads_redirectattribute or the Google Ads tracking template for tracking purposes. Learn more about
ads_redirector the Google Ads tracking template.
- Use as few redirects as possible. Redirects increase the time between a user clicking your ad and loading your landing page. Lengthy loading times cause your users to have a negative experience.
- Make sure all redirects are to the same verified domain to prevent errors.
- Use Schema.org microdata. Use microdata to indicate how elements on your landing page correspond with your product data. Specifically, make sure that your microdata matches the variant displayed on your landing page. Learn more about microdata.
Users on desktop and mobile who click your ad will be taken to: www.test.com/123.
When including a URL for a product with variants, make sure that the variant is automatically selected based on the URL.
|Product||Google pens, black ink|
|Product||Google pens, red ink|