One or more of the values you’ve submitted for a unique product identifier (UPI) attribute is either missing or isn’t recognized as a valid identifier. Depending on the country that you’re targeting and the Google product category of the item you’re showing, you may be required to provide unique product identifiers or to state that such identifiers don’t exist for that item.
For each item, provide the appropriate unique product identifier values (
brand) based on our UPI guidelines. You may also need to add a value for the
Step 1: See the affected products
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Select Products on the navigation menu, then click Diagnostics.
- Click the Item issues tab to see current issues affecting your products.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected items for all issues:
- Click the download button next to the filter button , beneath the graph and above the list of issues.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected items for a particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click the download button at the end of the row.
To see a list of up to 50 products with this particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click View samples in the “Affected items” column.
Step 2: Submit valid unique product identifiers or declare that there aren't any
- Filter the downloaded report so that you only see products with:
“Issue title” = Missing identifiers [gtin, mpn, brand]
- Check your product data for those products (using the item ID), and make sure that each product has either an accurate
gtinattribute or both an
brandattribute. Learn more about unique product identifiers
Step 3: Resubmit your product data
- After you’ve updated your product data, resubmit it using one of these methods:
- Next, check that you’ve fixed the issue by making sure it’s no longer listed on the Diagnostics page.
Keep in mind: It may take some time for your change to be reflected on the Diagnostics page.