Local inventory ads onboarding guide
Set up your accounts
This is step 1 of local inventory ads setup.
This page details how to create and set up the accounts you need to run local inventory ads.
Create your accounts
You need 3 separate accounts to run local inventory ads: Merchant Center, Google My Business (GMB) Locations, and AdWords.
Your product information is located in Merchant Center. Follow these steps to set up your account:
- Create a Merchant Center account to house your local products and local product inventory feeds, if you don’t already have one.
- Set up your Merchant Center account.
- Upload your logo to brand your local storefront. Local inventory ads require both square and rectangular logos.
Google My Business Locations
Your store information is located in Google My Business Locations. If you don't already have a Google My Business Locations account, follow these steps (or follow the steps in “Link your accounts” if you already have a GMB account):
- Create a Google My Business Locations account to provide information about your stores.
- Upload your store information in bulk. Do not use the “Add another business” option.
You use AdWords to manage your ads, including local inventory ads. Create an AdWords account, if you don’t already have one.
Link your Google My Business Locations and AdWords accounts to your Merchant Center account to connect information across these sources.