This is step 1 of the local inventory onboarding guide.
This article describes how to create and set up the accounts you need to show your local products in ads and free local listings.
Create your accounts
You need 2 separate accounts to show your local products in ads and free local listings: Merchant Center and Google My Business (GMB) Locations. For local inventory ads, you will also need a Google Ads account.
Your product information is located in Merchant Center. Follow these steps to set up your account:
- Create a Merchant Center account to house your local products and local product inventory feeds, if you don’t already have one.
- Set up your Merchant Center account.
- Upload a rectangular logo to brand your local storefront. This is optional, but highly recommended.
Google My Business Locations
Your store information is located in Google My Business Locations. If you don't already have a Google My Business Locations account, follow these steps (or follow the steps in “Link your accounts” if you already have a GMB account):
- Create a Google My Business Locations account to provide information about your stores.
- Upload your store information in bulk. Do not use the “Add another business” option.
Google Ads account (required for local inventory ads)
You can use Google Ads to manage your ads, including local inventory ads. Create a Google Ads account if you don’t already have one.
Link your Google My Business Locations and Google Ads accounts to your Merchant Center account to connect information across these sources.
- Link Merchant Center and Google My Business accounts.
- Link Merchant Center and Google Ads accounts (required for local inventory ads).