Upload a data feed
After you have created and registered your data feed, you can upload a data file into it.
Note: If you submit your items for the first time to a particular target country for Google Shopping, it may take up to 3 business days for your items to be reviewed. To minimize delays, please ensure that your data feed conforms to the products feed specifications and theGoogle Shopping Policies. Learn more about our product status definitions.
If you are new to Merchant Center a direct upload may be easiest option to get started.
Note: If you're submitting a compressed file, your file must be under 500 MB. If your file is larger than 500 MB please split your file into multiple, smaller files before uploading.
When uploading your data feed to Google Merchant Center, you have three upload options. Once you have uploaded a data feed, you may also create a schedule to update your feed automatically.Direct Upload (Files under 20 MB in size)
- Sign in to https://merchants.google.com and click the Data feeds link. (Make sure you've already registered your feed in your account.)
- Locate your feed from the list of registered files. In the "Name" column, click the data feed name link associated with the file you'd like to submit.
- On the page that loads, click the Manual upload button.
- In the pop-up window, click the Select file button.
- Navigate to the folder on your computer where your feed is. Select the file you're submitting and click Open.
- Click Upload and process this file.
The upload may take several minutes, depending on the size of your file and the speed of your Internet connection. The status of any feed can be found on the Feeds tab. It can take up to 24 hours for your file details to be updated in your account.
FTP Upload (Files under 1GB in size)
FTP (File Transfer Protocol) is a means of submitting large amounts of product listings. Learn more about FTP.
Automatic Upload (Scheduled Fetch) (Files under 1 GB in size)
The automatic upload option allows you to create an uploading schedule for your data feed hosted on your website. Based on the schedule you create, the Google Merchant Center will take best efforts to download the file from your website and upload it to your account for you in accordance with your schedule.
For more information about scheduling and server or website options, click here.
- Send us a data feed as often as your item information changes -- up to once per day, but remember to upload a new feed at least once a month.
- If you submit multiple data feeds, keep each item in the same data feed with each submission. Avoid moving your items to different feeds.
How many items can I submit to my account?
We strive to allow merchants to submit their full inventory of products. However, all accounts have a default limit of items than can be submitted.
If you’re submitting a large number of items, you will receive a notification in your account when you’re approaching or have reached your current limit.
View errors and troubleshoot issues
You’ll be able to download a CSV report detailing feed processing errors and warnings after you’ve uploaded your feed. When a report is available, you’ll see an option to download the file on the Status page, which is accessible by clicking the feed name. The downloadable report will contain identifying information at the top of the file to identify the source of the errors, followed by a table with identifying information about the individual items and their feed errors and warnings. Please note that the report will only be available for 14 days after you’ve uploaded your feed and will only detail up to 100,000 errors and warnings combined.
You can also view consolidated issue reporting for the Shopping product data across your account, feeds, and items in the Diagnostics tab.
For more details about fixing issues with your data feed, please see our troubleshooting guide.