Convert your spreadsheet into a tab-delimited text file
Most spreadsheet programs allow you to export data into a tab-delimited file. Either of the options below will create a file with a name ending in the ".txt" extension. This is the file you should submit to Google Merchant Center.
If you're using Google Spreadsheets:
- From the File menu, select Export and then .txt. Your tab-delimited text file will be displayed in a new window.
- Select the Save as... or Save File As... command from your browser's File menu.
- Name your file, and be sure to specify the file type as a Text File (*.txt) if it gives you the option. Click Save.
If you're using Microsoft Excel:
- Open the File menu and select the Save as... command.
- In the Save as type drop-down box, select the Text (tab delimited) (*.txt) option.
- Select the Save button. If you see warning messages pop up, select the OK or Yes button.