product_highlightattribute to provide short bulleted lists of the most relevant highlights of your products. The
product_highlightshould provide shoppers with easily consumable, quick to scan sentence fragments that answer the most common consumer questions or that focus on the most important attributes of the product.
When to use
Follow these formatting guidelines to make sure we understand the data you're submitting.
|Type||String (Unicode characters. Recommended: ASCII only)|
|Limit||1 - 150 characters (per highlight)|
|Repeated field||Yes. Recommended 4-6, Minimum 2, Maximum of 10|
|File format||Example entry|
These are the requirements you'll need to meet to show your product. If you don't follow these requirements, we'll disapprove your product and let you know in the Diagnostics page in your Merchant Center account.
- Each product must have at least 2 and at most 10 product highlights. We recommend 4-6 product highlights for each of your products.
- Describe only the product itself. Don't describe other aspects like details about compatible products, accessories, other similar products available. Don't provide your business’s history or policies.
- Use professional and grammatically correct language. Correct grammar is easier to understand and gives you a more professional appearance, which can lead to more clicks. Also avoid gimmicky ways of drawing attention such as all caps, symbols, and promotional text. Learn more about the editorial & professional requirements
- Don’t use words from foreign languages, unless they’re well understood such as a product with a foreign name or title.
- For example, “sushi” is a word well understood outside of Japan.
- Write foreign words using the alphabet of your target language. For example, avoid Japanese characters when targeting the United States. Letters with accents, like “Les Clés" are allowed.
- Don’t use foreign characters for gimmicky purposes. This technique is common in spam and untrustworthy ads and product listings. For example: (ಠ_ಠ)
- Don’t include comparisons or details about other products. For example, don't mention things like "even better than X." Let customers research other products on their own.
Don’t include references to categorization systems. For example, don’t include "Toys & Games > Toys > Dolls, Playsets & Toy Figures > Dolls." Include this information using the
- Don’t include links to your store or other websites. Include only a link to your product's landing page with the
- Don’t use capital letters for emphasis. Capitalized text is common in spam and untrustworthy ads and product listings. You should still use capitalization when it’s appropriate, including for abbreviations, phone numbers, countries, and currency. For example, ADHD, UNICEF, 1-555-CALL-NOW, UK, and USD.
- Don’t include promotional text. Don’t add information such as price, sale price, sale dates, shipping, delivery date, other time-related information, or your company’s name. Include this information with the other attributes such as
- Don't list keywords or search terms. Only list relevant details and specifications of the product.
These best practices can help you go beyond the basic requirements to optimize your product data for performance.
- Don't duplicate data within the attribute.
- Don't use search engine optimization (SEO) keywords.
- Check for errors in grammar, spelling, or capitalization.