- If it’s been less than 48 hours since you bought an app or made an in-app purchase: You can request a refund through Google Play.
- If you bought movies, books, or other content: You may be able to request a refund more than 48 hours after your purchase (check policy below).
You’ll usually get a decision within 1 business day but it can take up to 4 business days.
- Open a mobile browser (like Chrome).
- At the top, enter play.google.com.
- Tap Menu Account Purchase History.
- On the order, select Request a refund or Report a problem and choose the option that describes your situation.
- Complete the form and note that you would like a refund.
- You will see a message saying "Thank you for sharing your concerns." You'll then get an email with your refund decision. You’ll usually get this within 15 minutes, but it can take up to 4 business days.
- If you have multiple refund requests, repeat these steps for each thing you bought.
- If you don't see the order, you may have bought it using a different Google Account. Learn how to switch accounts.
Report charges from someone you don’t know
Important: Check whether a family member or friend used your payment method to make the purchase. They can lose the ability to pay using Google after your claim is verified.
If you see a charge from Google Play that you didn't make and wasn't made by anyone you know, report the charges within 120 days of the transaction.