Make in-app purchases in Android apps
With some apps, you can buy additional content or services within the app. We call these "in-app purchases." Here are some examples of in-app purchases:
- A sword that gives you more power in a game.
- A key that unlocks more features of a free app.
- Virtual currency that can be used for purchases.
Tip: To help protect against accidental or unwanted in-app purchases, check that password protection is turned on for your device.
Find out if an app offers in-app purchases
Before downloading an app, you can check if it offers in-app purchases:
- On the Play Store app, In-app purchases will be by the price or Install button.
- On play.google.com/store, Offers in-app purchases will be by the price or Install button.
Use a promo code for an in-app purchase
You can redeem promotional codes for some in-app purchases using the Play Store app on an Android device.
To redeem a promotional code for an in-app item:
- Find the in-app purchase you want to apply the promo code to.
- Start the check-out process.
- Next to the payment method, tap the down arrow .
- Tap Redeem.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your purchase.
Problems with in-app purchases
If you’re having an issue with an in-app purchase, troubleshoot and get help.