There are a few different ways that you can use Google products and services to watch movies and shows on your TV.
On some smart TVs, you may see the Google Play Movies & TV app already available on your home screen. If you can’t find the app, follow the steps based on your device.
Install Google Play Movies on your Smart TVWatch videos on LG Smart TV (webOS)
Note: The Google Play Movies & TV app for LG Smart TV (webOS) is not available in Japan.
- On your Smart TV, select Smart Home LG Content Store.
- Log in to your LG TV account (webOS).
- Select Play Movies app .
- Select the Install button OK.
- On your Smart TV, open Smart Hub and navigate to Apps.
- Select Samsung Apps.
- Select Google Play Movies and select Enter.
- Press Enter again to download the app.
- On your Android TV, from the Home screen, scroll down to the Apps row.
- Select Google Play Movies & TV app .
- Search for movies and shows.
- To search by voice, scroll to the top of the screen and select Microphone . To type your search, scroll to the right at the top of the screen and select Input .
- Select a movie or show.
Sign in to a different account on Android TV
To sign in to a different Google Play Movies & TV account on Android TV, you'll need to remove the account you're using on your device and add the new one. After doing this, you'll need to go through the setup process again. For more information, go to the Android TV Help Center.
You can also cast to your Android TV from another Google Account using your phone or tablet. For more information, go to the Chromecast Help Center.
Connect your Apple TV and your Apple mobile device to the same Wi-Fi network and use AirPlay to stream video to your TV.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Play Movies & TV app .
- Select a video to begin playback.
- Next to the video’s playback controls, select AirPlay .
- Select your Apple TV from the list.
Note: Apple TV using AirPlay is supported on Apple TV 3rd generation or higher. You can identify your Apple TV model here.
You can use Google Play Movies & TV on Roku in the countries listed here.
Set up Play Movies & TV on Roku
To set up Roku for Google Play, you'll need a computer or mobile device connected to the Internet. Google Play Movies & TV works with all Roku models.
- On your Roku, go to Channel Store and search for "Google Play Movies & TV."
- Select Google Play Movies & TV app Add Channel.
- You may need your Google PIN to add Roku. If you forget your Google PIN, learn how to reset it.
If you have a Chromecast with Google TV, you can get movies and shows from Google directly on your TV. Learn how to buy or rent content on Google TV.
For other Chromecast devices, you can stream video to your TV.
To connect your device to your TV, you'll need:
- An HDTV that has available HDMI ports.
- An HDMI cable or adapter that allows you to connect your device to your TV.
Once you connect your device and your TV, your device's screen and audio should play through your TV. If your video plays without sound, you may need to change the audio source using your TV settings.
Fix problems watching using a HDMI cable
If you have problems viewing videos on your TV, try the following:
- Disconnect both ends of your HDMI cable and securely reconnect to your device and TV.
- Check that you're connecting the HDMI cable to the correct HDMI port on your TV.
- Watch the video in a web player. Mirroring from the Play Movies and TV app isn't supported.
- Check that your TV is set to the correct HDMI source.
- Restart your device.
Sign in to your Google Account
- On your smart TV, open Google Play Movies & TV .
- Select My Account Sign in.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- If a code appears on your TV screen: Complete the setup process on your computer or mobile device.