Connect to an HDTV using HDMI
You can watch movies and TV shows purchased or rented on Google Play through your HDTV by connecting your mobile device or computer using an HDMI cable.
To connect your device to your HDTV, you'll need:
- An HDTV that supports High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) and has available HDMI ports. You can check your manufacturer's website to see if your TV is HDCP-compliant.
- An HDMI cable or adapter that allows you to connect your device to your TV.
Once you connect your device and your TV, your device's screen and audio should play through your TV. If your video plays without sound, you may need to change the audio source using your TV settings.Troubleshooting
If you have problems viewing videos on your HDTV, try the following:
- Disconnect both ends of your cable and securely reconnect the cable to your device and HDTV.
- If you're using an adapter, make sure the adapter is securely connected to your HDMI cable.
- Check that you're connecting the HDMI cable to the correct HDMI port on your HDTV.
- Confirm that your HDTV is set to the correct HDMI source.
- Restart your mobile device.
Shana is a Google Play expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.