Connect to an HDTV using HDMI
You can watch movies and TV shows purchased or rented on Google Play through your HDTV by connecting your mobile device or computer using an HDMI cable.
To connect your device to your HDTV, you'll need:
- An HDTV that supports High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) and has available HDMI ports. You can check your manufacturer's website to see if your TV is HDCP compliant.
- A digital AV cable or adapter for your device that allows you to connect your device to your TV using HDMI.
Once you connect your device to your TV using an HDMI cable, your device's screen and audio should play through your TV. If your video plays without sound on your HDTV, you may need to change audio source using your TV settings.Troubleshooting
If you're experiencing problems viewing videos on your HDTV, try the following:
- Disconnect both ends of your cable and securely re-connect the cable to your device and HDTV.
- If you're using an adapter, make sure your adapter is securely connected to your HDMI cable.
- Check that you're connecting the HDMI cable to the correct HDMI port on your HDTV.
- Confirm that your HDTV is set to the correct HDMI source.
- Restart your mobile device.