Watch Google Play Movies on a smart TVWatch videos on Android TV
- On your Android TV, from the Home screen, scroll down to the Apps row.
- Select Google Play Movies & TV app .
- Search for movies and shows.
- To search by voice, scroll to the top of the screen and select Microphone . To type your search, scroll to the right at the top of the screen and select Input .
- Select a movie or show.
Sign in to a different account on Android TV
To sign in to a different Google Play Movies & TV account on Android TV, you'll need to remove the account you're using on your device and add the new one. After doing this, you'll need to go through the setup process again. For more information, go to the Android TV Help Center.
You can also cast to your Android TV from another Google Account using your phone or tablet. For more information, go to the Chromecast Help Center.
Connect your Apple TV and your Apple mobile device to the same Wi-Fi network and use AirPlay to stream video to your TV.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Play Movies & TV app .
- Select a video to begin playback.
- Next to the video’s playback controls, select AirPlay .
- Select your Apple TV from the list.
Note: Apple TV using AirPlay is supported on Apple TV 3rd generation or higher. You can identify your Apple TV model here.
If you have a Chromecast with Google TV, you can get movies and shows from Google directly on your TV. Learn how to buy or rent content on Google TV.
For other Chromecast devices, you can stream video to your TV.
You can watch movies and shows in your Library through the YouTube app on your smart TV.
- On your smart TV, open the YouTube app .
- Sign in with your Google Account.
- Within the Library tab, select Purchases.
To connect your device to your TV, you'll need:
- An HDTV that has available HDMI ports.
- An HDMI cable or adapter that allows you to connect your device to your TV.
Once you connect your device and your TV, your device's screen and audio should play through your TV. If your video plays without sound, you may need to change the audio source using your TV settings.
Fix problems watching using a HDMI cable
If you have problems viewing videos on your TV, try the following:
- Disconnect both ends of your HDMI cable and securely reconnect to your device and TV.
- Check that you're connecting the HDMI cable to the correct HDMI port on your TV.
- Watch the video in a web player. Mirroring from the Play Movies and TV app isn't supported.
- Check that your TV is set to the correct HDMI source.
- Restart your device.