Cancel an Order
You will have 15 minutes to cancel an order. To find the "Refund" button and cancel your order:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your device.
- Touch the Play Store icon > My Apps.
- Find the app you've purchased that you'd like to cancel and tap to open its details page.
- Within the 15 minutes, you will see the option to "Open" or "Refund" - tap "Refund" to cancel the order.
If you cancel your order within the first 15 minutes, your credit/debit card will not be charged. Any transactions on your statement are only authorizations.
If you buy an app on the Google Play website but don't download the app on your device within two hours following purchase, please note that the purchase will be automatically cancelled. Orders that are automatically cancelled because the app hasn't been downloaded may not be restored and you must attempt to purchase the item again.
Request Cancellation after 15-minute window
Google cannot cancel orders on behalf of the seller. To contact the seller with a cancellation request or details about an order cancellation:
- Sign in to your Google Wallet account at https://wallet.google.com/manage.
- Select a transaction to view your receipt.
- Use the contact link listed under "Questions or concerns?" to contact a seller
The seller may or may not be able to accommodate your cancellation request depending on the seller's policies. Cancelled orders are automatically refunded and cannot be reinstated.
Manage Cancellations for Declined Cards
If your order was cancelled because your card was declined, you'll need to provide another payment method or update your existing card information before replacing your order. To update your payment information: