Learn about Google One trials
If you're invited to try Google One, you can get more storage, help from experts, and extra member benefits. You can share your membership with up to 5 family members.
Claim your trial
- Open the message you got that invited you to join.
- Select Join for free.
- You might be asked to sign in. If the invite was sent to your Google Account, sign in with that Google Account.
- Fill out the from, and choose a form of payment, like a credit card or debit card.
Note: A form of payment is required so that your membership can continue at the end of your trial. You won't be charged until your trial ends.
- Follow the steps on the screen.
Need help starting your trial? Make sure the invitation hasn't expired and wasn't already redeemed. If it's still valid, contact support for more help.
Renew your membership
When your trial ends, you can continue your membership.
You'll be automatically charged using the form of payment you entered when you signed up. You can edit the form of payment associated with your Google One membership.
Stop your trial or membership
When your trial is almost over, you can choose to cancel your membership. If you don't want to be charged, cancel your membership before the last day of your trial.
If you end your membership, the following will happen:
- You and your family members will lose access to extra member benefits and Google experts.
- You and your family members will lose access to your additional storage. Each person will keep their default 15 GB of free storage.
If you're using more than 15 GB of storage, all your files will stay safe, but you won't be able to store anything new. For example:
- Google Drive: You won't be able to sync or upload new files. Syncing between your computer's Google Drive folder and My Drive will stop. You can still create Google documents because they don't take up any storage space.
- Google Photos: If you store photos in Original quality and you run out of storage space, we'll ask if you want to buy more storage, back up in High quality (lower resolution), or turn off back up.
- Gmail: Messages people send you will be returned to them.
Clear storage space
If you're using more than 15 GB of storage, all your files will stay safe, but you won't be able to store anything new.