We take legal requirements and user safety very seriously, so advertiser actions that put our users, Google, or our partners at risk can lead to account suspensions.
Advertisers whose accounts are suspended will receive an in-account notification, as well as an email notification.
For subtitles in your language, turn on YouTube captions. Select the settings icon at the bottom of the video player, then select "Subtitles/CC" and choose your language.
Know this first
- Suspended accounts cannot run any ads or create new content. Advertisers can, however, still access their suspended accounts and any associated reports.
- Accounts related to the suspended account (for example, accounts using the same email or payment method, or accounts linked to the same manager account) may be suspended.
- Merchant Center accounts linked to suspended Google Ads accounts may be suspended.
- Any new accounts that the advertiser tries to create may be suspended.
Why we suspend accounts
Google Ads policies and Terms & Conditions help create a safe and positive experience for users and advertisers. Accounts may be suspended if we find violations of our policies or the Terms & Conditions.
There are also other reasons an account can be temporarily suspended. See below for more details.
1. Google Ads Policy
You can learn more about suspension due to violations of Google Ads policy here.
2. Age requirements
If we find that you are violating the Age requirements on Google accounts, we will suspend your account.
The age we use is the one you entered when creating the Google Account that's associated with your Google Ads account. When creating a Google Account, you should provide your own age — not the age of your business.
Learn more about Age requirements on Google accounts.
3. Ads Grant Policy
Your Google Ad Grants account can be suspended for not complying with Google Ad Grants policy.
Learn more about Ads Grant policy.
4. Unauthorized account activity
If we detect that an unauthorized user is trying to access your Google Ads account, we’ll temporarily suspend your account to protect against unauthorized charges.
Learn more about keeping your account secure.
5. Billing and payment issues
Regarding payments and billing, your account may be suspended for one of the following reasons:
- Promotional code abuse: If you attempt to sell promotional codes or use more than one promotional code on an account, the account may be suspended. For more information, see the country-specific terms and conditions for promotional codes.
- Requesting a chargeback: If you instruct your bank or credit card company to reverse a charge that was paid against a legitimate Google Ads balance (also known as requesting a chargeback), your account may be suspended.
- Suspicious payment activity: If we detect suspicious or fraudulent payment activity on your account, we may restrict how much the account can spend or suspend the account.
- Unpaid balance: If your account has one or more unpaid balances, it may be temporarily suspended.