Hotel campaigns let you bid for hotel ads that appear when a traveller searches for a hotel on Search or Maps. These ads appear in a hotel booking module that can show photos of the hotel, amenities, prices and a link to book the hotel.
Getting startedAs ads are dynamic, you'll need to provide, or work with an integration partner who provides, the following:
- Hotel list (the hotels you want to advertise)
- Prices (an up-to-date set of prices for different itineraries)
- Landing pages (pages on your website that users arrive at when clicking on your ads)
The above items are managed in a Hotel Center account, which you will link to your Google Ads account in order to run Hotel campaigns and manage your budget, campaigns, ad groups, hotel groups, bids and reporting. If you don’t have a Hotel Centre account, learn how to share your properties and rates with Google.
- Attract travellers who are actively looking for a hotel in a particular area. Ads contain your company's name, hotel name, price and text callouts to highlight the unique benefits of booking through your site.
- Tailor a hotel's prices by a hotel's availability and traveller itineraries.
- Send customers to a website to book.
- Pay for an ad only when someone books a hotel, or fine-tune your bidding by factors such as device type, the traveller's country or length of stay.
Where your ads appear
After someone searches for a hotel on Google Search, Google Maps, or YouTube, they'll find a hotel search module with hotel photos, names, prices and a map. When they select a hotel, they'll find up-to-date prices and links to book that hotel for the dates and number of guests that they select. Learn more about what makes up a hotel booking link
Hotel ads appear globally and can be displayed in every major language and currency. However, some countries have restrictions. Understand more about Google Ads country restrictions
Campaigns and budgeting
With Hotel campaigns, you set specific budgets and can reach travellers based on their country of residence and the device they're using. Within a campaign, ad groups let you set specific bid adjustments based on the traveller's itinerary. Learn more about creating a Hotel campaign
Within an ad group, hotel groups let you set base bids for hotels based on their attributes. Learn more about hotel groups
With Hotel campaigns, you can either bid when someone completes a booking or when they click on your ad:
- Commission (per conversion): You pay only when a traveller books your hotel, depending on the payment model you choose.
- Commission (per stay): You pay only when a traveller completes a stay they booked through hotel ads. Available only to select partners.
- Max. CPC bid (fixed or percentage): You pay when a traveller clicks on your ad. For CPC bid strategies, you can adjust your bid by such factors as device type, traveller location and length of stay, among others.
- Enhanced CPC (ECPC): Automates bid adjustments for a Max CPC bidding strategy.
Learn more about bidding for Hotel campaigns
Ad Ranking is determined by an auction in which Google considers partner bids and the quality of the ad. Factors that impact an ad's quality include, but may not be limited to, the accuracy of the partner's prices and how well the ad addresses the user's need.