Hotel campaigns let you bid for dynamic ads that appear when a traveler searches for a hotel on Search, Maps, or the Assistant. These ads appear in a hotel booking module that can show photos of the hotel, amenities, prices, and a link to book the hotel.
Getting startedAs hotel ads are dynamic, you'll need to provide, or work with an integration partner who provides, the following:
- A hotel list feed (the hotels you want to advertise)
- A price feed (an up-to-date set of prices for different itineraries)
- A point-of-sale configuration (landing pages that users arrive at when clicking on your ads)
The above items are managed in a Hotel Center account, which you will link to your Google Ads account in order to run Hotel campaigns and manage your budget, campaigns, ad groups, hotel groups, bids, and reporting.
- Attract travelers who are actively looking for a hotel in a particular area. Hotel ads contain your company's name, hotel name, price, and text callouts to highlight the unique benefits of booking through your site.
- Tailor a hotel's prices by a hotel's availability and traveler itineraries.
- Send customers to a website to book, or allow them to book on Google.
- Pay for an ad only when someone books a hotel, or fine-tune your bidding by factors such as device type, the traveler's country, or length of stay.
Where your ads appear
After someone searches for a hotel on Google Search, Maps, or the Assistant, they'll see a hotel search module with hotel photos, names, prices, and a map. When they select a hotel, they'll see up-to-date prices and links to book that hotel for the dates and number of guests they select. Learn more about what makes up a Hotel ad
Hotel ads appear globally, and ads can be displayed in every major language and currency. However, some countries have restrictions that apply. Learn more about understanding Google Ads country restrictions
Campaigns and budgeting
With Hotel campaigns, you set specific budgets and can reach travelers based on their country of residence and the device they're using. Within a campaign, ad groups let you set specific bid adjustments based on the traveler's itinerary. Learn more about creating a Hotel campaign
Within an ad group, hotel groups let you set base bids for hotels based on their attributes. Learn more about hotel groups
With Hotel campaigns, you can either bid when someone completes a booking or when they click on your ad:
- Commissions (pay-per-conversion): You pay only when a traveler books your hotel, depending on the payment model you choose.
- Commissions (pay-per-stay): You pay only when a traveler completes a stay they booked through Hotel ads. Available only to select partners.
- Max CPC bid (fixed or percent): You pay when a traveler clicks on your ad. For the CPC bid strategies, you can adjust your bid by factors such as device type, traveler location, length of stay, and other factors.
- Enhanced CPC: Automates bid adjustments for a Max CPC bidding strategy.
Ad ranking is determined by an auction in which Google considers partner bids and the quality of the ad. Factors that impact an ad's quality include but may not be limited to the accuracy of the partner's prices and how well the ad addresses the user's need.