To provide a comprehensive and consolidated view of your Audiences and make audience management and optimization simpler, you’ll find the following improvements in Google Ads:
- New audience reporting
Detailed reporting about audience demographics, segments, and exclusions is now consolidated in one place. Click the Campaigns icon and open the “Audiences, keywords and content” tab and click Audiences. You can also easily manage your Audiences from this report page. Learn more About Audience reporting.
- New terms
We’re using new terms on your audience report and throughout Google Ads. For example, “audience types” (these include similar, custom, in-market, and affinity) are now referred to as audience segments and “remarketing” is now referred to as “your data”. Learn more about the Updates to Audience terms and phrases.
Gain insights about which demographic segments your ads are reaching by viewing your demographics reports. Learning about the segments that bring you conversions can help you:
- Understand your customer base
- Understand areas of growth potential
- Assess your campaigns and ad groups
- Make informed adjustments to advertising strategy
- Manage and analyze multiple demographic targeting methods
Before you begin
This article explains how to view your demographics reports and how to use that data to improve your targeting. Learn more about demographics targeting
Anna, who runs an online shoe store, wants to understand how her ads are doing with the demographic targets she selected. In the demographic chart, she can select "Clicks," "Conversions," or "Impressions" to see how her ads are performing across all targeting segments, compared to her advertising goals. Because the chart shows that her ad viewers are mostly male, 25 to 34-year-olds, and people who aren't parents, Anna could use these insights to tailor her ad campaigns to these specific audience segments.
Depending on the data that's most important to your goals, you can see demographic charts for clicks, conversions, or impressions.
- In your Google Ads account, click the Campaigns icon .
- Click the Audiences, keywords, and content drop down in the section menu.
- Click Audiences.
- In the “Demographics” module, select Campaign view or Ad Group view in the view drop down menu to filter for the reporting level you want to see.
- Select a demographic tab: Age, Gender, Household Income, Parental Status, or Combination.
- Click Show table to view conversions, impressions, and cost by demographic segment.
- To pull in additional metrics to your reporting, click Columns.